To be successful as a support specialist, you should have an in-depth understanding of computers, hardware components, software issues, and network technologies. Top candidates will also have good interpersonal skills, with an affinity for excellent customer service.
Support Specialist Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting and resolving IT issues in a timely manner.
- Communicating with coworkers to diagnose problems.
- Installing and configuring hardware and software.
- Talking coworkers through the process of fixing technical issues.
- Prioritizing your workload to ensure the most critical issues are resolved first.
- Documenting common support procedures that coworkers can follow.
- Providing support remotely when necessary.
Support Specialist Requirements:
- Extensive experience and/or degree in computer science or information technology preferred.
- Microsoft certification is advantageous.
- Previous experience in a technical support role.
- Experience with remote desktop applications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in setting up and managing RAID systems.
- Experience in backing up files with multiple iterations.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
This is a Revolution Youth, INC 501c3 Nonprofit volunteer position. This will be for a 90 day "Mission" to assist our organization with a very specific set of skills. Post-mission analysis will determine if another mission is needed and other terms and conditions may apply.