To ensure success as a recruiting specialist, you will be conversant with a wide range of social media for job postings and you will keep track of the on-boarding process of candidates.
Recruiting Specialist Responsibilities:
- Discussing and establishing qualification requirements and terms and conditions of Missions with program directors.
- Formulating detailed Mission descriptions and posting them.
- Conducting phone calls or meetings to create a shortlist of qualified candidates.
- Interviewing candidates on the shortlist and maintaining a database on volunteers and employees for future vacancies.
- Mediating between candidates and program directors.
- Using web-based technology and social media to analyze hiring trends, post job vacancies, volunteer opportunities, and following up with candidates during the on-boarding process.
- Producing reports on hiring, volunteer plans and strategies.
- Measuring the results of candidate interviews and job placements using Monday.com and other software as needed.
- Revising HR policies and ensuring that fair employment and volunteering practices are implemented.
- Analyzing on-boarding and recommending improvements or changes.
Recruiting Specialist Requirements:
- Extensive experience in HR, business, psychology, or another related field.
- 2-3 years of experience as a recruiting specialist with a track record of employee or volunteer placement.
- The ability to work within a team and to coordinate team activities.
- Excellent analytical skills to examine resumes and find the best-suited candidates.
- Clear verbal skills to communicate well with candidates and managers.
- Proficient writing skills to produce reports on hiring analyses.
- Leadership abilities to delegate tasks and train new employees.
- Strong negotiation skills when discussing terms and conditions of employment.
- In-depth knowledge of hiring strategies, labor laws, volunteer rules for nonprofits and employment equity.
- The ability to evaluate recruiting software packages and to recommend those which are best suited to the company.
This is a Revolution Youth, INC 501c3 Nonprofit volunteer position. This will be for a 90 day "Mission" to assist our organization with a very specific set of skills. Post-mission analysis will determine if another mission is needed and other terms and conditions may apply.