To be successful as a photo editor, you should demonstrate experience in photo editing and the ability to align your creative ideas with those of the editorial team. Top-notch photo editors are team players who enrich the reader experience with beautiful photographic arrangements.
Photo Editor Responsibilities:
- Consulting with the editorial team and brainstorming creative concepts.
- Coordinating photography assignments and allocating projects to in-house photographers.
- Hiring specialist photographers and negotiating fees, if relevant.
- Obtaining rights to photographs, as well as permission to shoot at designated locations, when required.
- Selecting photographs that complement the text in the way envisaged by the editorial team.
- Editing and artfully positioning photographs to accompany texts.
- Submitting photographic designs for approval in a timely manner.
- Obtaining feedback from editorial teams and making relevant changes, when required.
- Keeping track of industry trends and advancements in the field of photographic editing.
Photo Editor Requirements:
- Bachelors or associate degree in photography, visual arts, or similar experience level.
- 2-3 years of experience in photo editing, or similar.
- A complete portfolio of work-related examples.
- Advanced proficiency in photograph editing software, such as Lightroom, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Exceptional creative abilities as reflected in appealing photographic content.
- Ability to collaborate on projects and integrate editorial feedback.
- Extensive experience in coordinating photography projects and meeting deadlines.
- In-depth knowledge of copyright and other relevant permissions.
- Proficiency in keeping up with photography trends and related technologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
This is a Revolution Youth, INC 501c3 Nonprofit volunteer position. This will be for a 90 day "Mission" to assist our organization with a very specific set of skills. Post-mission analysis will determine if another mission is needed and other terms and conditions may apply.