To be successful as a film editor, you should demonstrate excellent time management skills, the ability to turn a vision into reality, and be highly artistic. Ultimately, a high-quality film editor should have exceptional video editing skills, a creative approach to problem-solving, and to be able to work long hours.
Film Editor Responsibilities:
- Reading the scripts to understand the vision of the Director.
- Visiting set locations during filming.
- Reviewing footage and selecting scenes according to the vision.
- Trimming segments of footage.
- Collaborating with Sound Editors, Sound Effects Editors, and Cinematographers.
- Making revisions as per the request of the Director.
Film Editor Requirements:
- Bachelor of arts in film and television, media or related.
- Previous industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of editing tools, techniques, and software.
- Must be familiar with camera equipment.
- Critical and analytical skills.
- Great patience and concentration.
- Organizational and time management skills.
This is a Revolution Youth, INC 501c3 Nonprofit volunteer position. This will be for a 90 day "Mission" to assist our organization with a very specific set of skills. Post-mission analysis will determine if another mission is needed and other terms and conditions may apply.