To be successful as a video editor, you should demonstrate excellent time management skills, the ability to turn a vision into reality, and be highly artistic. Ultimately, a high-quality video editor should have exceptional video editing skills, a creative approach to problem-solving, and to be able to work long hours.
Video Editor Responsibilities:
- Reading the scripts to understand the vision of the Director.
- Visiting set locations during filming.
- Reviewing footage and selecting scenes according to the vision.
- Trimming segments of footage.
- Collaborating with Cinematographers.
- Have reasonable sound editing skills.
- Making revisions as per the request of the Director.
Video Editor Requirements:
- Some experience editing video professionally for clients or at least a partial degree is preferred, but will look at anyone's editing reel!
- Previous industry experience is a huge plus.
- Strong knowledge of editing tools, techniques, and software.
- Must be familiar with camera equipment.
- Critical and analytical skills.
- Great patience and concentration.
- Organizational and time management skills.
This is a Revolution Youth, INC 501c3 Nonprofit volunteer position. This will be for a 90 day "Mission" to assist our organization with a very specific set of skills. Post-mission analysis will determine if another mission is needed and other terms and conditions may apply.