Photography directors need to work alongside a film director and help determine narrative elements through visual style.
Director of Photography Responsibilities:
- Developing a film's visual style.
- Determining lighting requirements on set.
- Deciding on the best camera angles and frames for scenes.
- Ordering and testing lighting and camera equipment.
- Supervising a camera crew and directing camera movement.
- Selecting the appropriate film stock.
- Determining camera aperture settings.
- Controlling natural or artificial lighting conditions.
- Liaising with electricians to ensure adequate electrical supply.
- Determining elements such as filters, shutter angles, focus, depth of field and camera distance.
- Editing visual elements in post production.
Director of Photography Requirements:
- Extensive experience in film, art or photography advantageous.
- A reel of visual work.
- Creative visual thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good technical camera operating skills.
This is a Revolution Youth, INC 501c3 Nonprofit volunteer position. This will be for a 90 day "Mission" to assist our organization with a very specific set of skills. Post-mission analysis will determine if another mission is needed and other terms and conditions may apply.