To be a successful advertising manager, you should be focused on raising awareness and building interest in the products and services you represent. You should be a detail-oriented, creative, and collaborative problem solver with outstanding communication and project management skills.
Advertising Manager Responsibilities:
- Overseeing advertising operations and related volunteers or staff members.
- Working with staff members, clients, or an ad agency to establish and meet project goals, budgets, and timelines.
- Developing advertising strategies to increase buyer interest in products or services.
- Monitoring project progress, from planning to execution, to ensure it remains focused and effective.
- Negotiating contract specifications and terms with clients or other external parties.
- Initiating and directing research efforts.
- Collecting and analyzing data and presenting it to other parties, including management and clients.
- Participating in the hiring and evaluation of employees within the advertising department.
- Providing expert advice on marketing and advertising methods for new or existing products or services.
Advertising Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or extensive professional experience in advertising, marketing, or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a relevant field; management experience may be preferred.
- Understanding of design and marketing principles and techniques.
- Ability to develop strategies based on industry trends and developments.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills, especially when working with multiple projects or teams.
- Excellent management, negotiation, listening, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Decisiveness and strong problem-solving skills, especially under pressure.
- Ability to develop and maintain working relationships.
- Solid sales and presentation skills.
This is a Revolution Youth, INC 501c3 Nonprofit volunteer position. This will be for a 90 day "Mission" to assist our organization with a very specific set of skills. Post-mission analysis will determine if another mission is needed and other terms and conditions may apply.